- This event has passed.
The Studio: Breaking The Barrier Yoga Workshop
February 4, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Our Breaking The Barrier (B.T.B) workshop series has been specifically designed to break down the hurdles you face in your fitness journey. If you have always wanted to try Yoga & Meditation but feel,
- You don’t know where to start (start here)
- You have to be amazingly flexible (you don’t, trust us)
- You may not be fit enough (you are, promise)
- Don’t think you can switch off (here’s how)
- Can’t find the time (we’ll teach you)
- You don’t know how to switch off (this is how)
Maybe you’ve been practising Yoga or Meditating regularly for some time and feel like,
- You’re still unfamiliar with what you’re doing
- Would like to find out how you progress to the next level
- Feel there is still something missing from your Yoga or meditation practice
If this sounds like you then join us for our B.T.B Yoga workshop. Open to all levels, abilities and ages, we break down the common asana’s into easily understood poses.
Places are strictly limited* so take action today and break the barrier.
Early Bird $50 (sign up before Jan 25th)
Late to the party $60 (January 26th onward)
*Places are limited to the first 30 registrations. Registration closes at 12pm on February 3rd unless sold out prior.
What You’ll learn,
- What you should and shouldn’t feel in each pose and as you flow between poses
- The correct technique to achieve real benefit during each pose and movement
- How to get the most out of your regular classes
- How to adapt a pose if you have specific needs or injuries
- What the progression is for each pose and how to achieve the next level
- A 3 hour Yoga workshop with with Rosie Geeves and Emma Voss two of Hobart’s favourite Yoga instructors
- A 90 minute immersive Yoga session led by Rosie
- 60 minute deep Relaxation and Meditation Workshop with Emma
- Light Refreshments
- Spot Prizes from our friends at Lululemon Hobart
Where & When
After completing a health science degree at UTAS Rosie began her Yoga journey. She trained through The Byron Bay Yoga Centre and has been teaching Yoga for 3 years since becoming qualified. Rosie is also a certified Pilates Mat and Reformer teacher with her next goal being to learn Acro Yoga. Rosie is passionate about Yoga and the way it inspires people to live in the present while helping to build strength and resilience for the future.
Emma holds her 200 hr Yoga teacher qualification. Training under Holli Gipson at Sacred Seeds Yoga School in Hobart, Tasmania she specialises in Hatha & Ashtanga Yoga techniques & the holistic benefits of mindful movement. Emma also holds her Rainbow Kids, Restorative & Prenatal Yoga Teacher qualifications. Emma also works as a Social Worker with young adults in the Hobart community. Emma believes that through mindful movement & connection to breath & body you can find freedom from stress & pain. She teaches with a desire to see people get out of their heads & connected with their bodies.