Recipe Courtesy of Peter Eastment, Nutrition Advisor
Pete is passionate about nutrition, people and helping members improve their wellbeing through movement. Pete is a diploma Qualified Pilates Instructor, certified Personal Trainer, Rehab Trainer, Cycle Coach and Boxing Coach.
Green Goodness Salad
This recipe is full of fiber, essential vitamins and high in anti-oxidants.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 0 minutes (if your quinoa is pre-cooked)
- 2 bunches parsley – Good source of minerals calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium
- ¼ cup (46g) cooked quinoa – High in protein and gluten-free
- 1 avocado – Rich in healthy fat
- ½ cucumber – High in Vitamin K, B and C
- ½ zucchini – Wonderful source of folate and potassium
- 1 small red onion – Rich in antioxidants
- 1 tsp. olive oil – Healthy monounsaturated fat
- 1 lemon – Packed full of Vitamin C
- ¼ cup (30g) mixed seeds and nuts
- Mixing bowl
- Small jug or cup (to mix your dressing)
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Juicer (or a fork to squish out the lemon juice)
- Saucepan (if you need to cook your quinoa)
Step 1 – If your quinoa isn’t yet cooked, cook the quinoa as per personal preference
Step 2 – Cut into cubes your cucumber and zucchini and place into mixing bowl
Step 3 – Finely dice the red onion and add to the mixing bowl
Step 4 – Roughly chop your parsley and add to the mixing bowl.
Step 5 – Cut open the avocado and cut into small cubes and add into mixing bowl
Step 6 – Juice the lemon into the jug and add in the olive oil . Mix the two together to form your salad dressing.
Step 7 – Add the quinoa to the bowl and mix everything together
Step 8 – Sprinkle over the mixed seed and nuts to garnish and add dressing the olive oil dressing
This salad makes a great light lunch and you can always add additional protein eggs, meat or tofu if you would like to make it a little larger for a bigger dinner.
Hungry for More?
Unlock the secrets to great nutrition with one-on-one coaching. Book a consultation with Performance Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant Emilie Burgess.