As part of our ongoing commitment to the new Nutrition Masterclasses in The Studio HQ Online, we have enlisted the help of the incredibly talented local foodie, Ali Hargreaves.
Ali is a Hobart native and long time friend of The Studio HQ team, who has written a cookbook of her own – Foraging Throughout Tasmania. Now, she has unlocked some powerful recipes that complement each stage of our nutrition journey, accessible exclusively to Online Members.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
- 2 chicken breasts
- 16 rice paper sheets
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced)
- Wrap each chicken breast in foil and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and once it has cooled down a bit, shred it into thin pieces.
- Submerge one rice paper sheet in lukewarm water until soft then remove and shake off any excess water.
- Place a couple of slices each of capsicum, carrot, avocado and chicken on top of the rice paper sheet, topped with a sprinkling of coriander and a few been shoots.
- Wrap the top and bottom of the rice paper sheet inwards, followed by the sides to form an enclosed rice paper roll. You may need to rub a bit of extra water on the closed roll to lock everything in.
- Repeat with the remaining rice paper sheets and ingredients.
- Serve the rolls with hoisin sauce.
Nutrition Information per serve (4 rolls) Cal 357, Fat 12gm, Carbs 62gm, Protein 21gm
Hungry for More?
Unlock the secrets to great nutrition with one-on-one coaching. Book a consultation with Performance Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant Emilie Burgess.